A. Presentation of the bylaws of a neighborhood association showing its boundaries.
B. Presentation of officers or contact persons of an identifiable association or group of neighbors with indication of boundaries.
2. Active membership is maintained by representation at one-half of scheduled Alliance meetings.
3. Ex officio members of The Alliance include, but are not limited to individuals from the Department of Community Development, the School District of the City of York, York City Police Department, and all other departments of City government. Ex officio members may be invited to participate as deemed appropriate by the Neighborhood Representatives.
Article III: Neighborhood Representatives
1. Each member association shall appoint up to two individuals to serve as Neighborhood Representatives to The Alliance.
2. At each meeting of The Alliance, each currently active member association shall be entitled to one vote. A member association is considered "active" when they have been represented at one-half of the scheduled meetings for the preceding twelve months.
3. Ex officio members have a voice, but no vote on business of The Alliance.
Article IV: Executive Committee
1. The Neighborhood Representatives shall choose an Executive Committee comprised of a Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary from among its members. The election of these officers shall occur annually during the April meeting of The Alliance.
2. Officers are limited to serving for two consecutive 2-year terms.
3. Should an officer leave before the end of their 2-year term the membership shall hold a special election to choose their replacement. That person then has the option to be elected for two additional 2-year terms.
Article V: Responsibilities and Duties of the Executive Committee
1. Responsibilities and Duties of the Executive Committee shall include:
- The execution of policy established by The Alliance.
- The appointment of all other committees and related chairpersons. This responsibility may be delegated to the President. Committees shall derive their direction from The Alliance.
- The soliciting of officer nominees for the April meeting of The Alliance. The list of nominees shall be communicated to all Neighborhood Representatives prior to the April meeting. Additional names may be added to the roster at the April meeting of The Alliance.
2. The Chair shall:
A. Preside at Alliance meetings.
B. Facilitate Citywide Alliance meetings.
C. Act as prime contact person and spokes person for The Alliance.
D. Delegate other duties as needed to carry out the purpose of The Alliance.
4. The Co-Chair shall:
A. Be the presiding officer in the absence of the Chair.
B. Preside at Alliance and Citywide Alliance Meetings in the absence of the Chair.
C. Coordinate program topics for Alliance meetings.
D. Fulfill the duties delegated by the Chairperson.
5. The Treasurer shall:
A. Be responsible for the receiving, holding, and dispersal of funds donated to The Alliance.
B. Will make an accounting of these funds at each Alliance meeting.
5. The Secretary shall:
A. Take and disseminate to Executive Committee members the minutes of all meetings of The Alliance.
B. Record attendance at all Executive Committee and Alliance meetings.
C. Maintain a roster of all member associations with information about their representatives including name, addresses, telephone numbers, and/or email addresses to enable communication with all members between meetings.